Leena Peltonen Prize 2020 - Submission of Nomination
The rules for the prize are as follows:
- The Leena Peltonen prize will be awarded from the Leena Palotie fund in the Paulo Foundation to an outstanding young researcher in the field of human genetics.
- The recipient of the prize should be in an early phase of her/his independent career. There is no specific age limit or maximum time from graduation.
- The primary selection criterion is scientific excellence.
- The € 10 000 prize is a personal award to the awardee.
- The prize will be awarded every second year for as long as there are funds.
- The selection process has two steps. The faculty of the Wellcome Trust Leena Peltonen School of Human Genomics and the members of European Society of Human Genetics will suggest potential awardees. A smaller group of tutors of the Leena Peltonen School will form the Nomination Committee. If more than five names are suggested, the Nomination Committee produces a short list of up to five names. The list should include justifications.
- The shortlist is delivered to the Selection Committee, which will choose the awardee. The Selection Committee is chaired by the Director of Institute for Molecular Medicine Finland (FIMM). The director of FIMM selects three to five experts for the Selection Committee.
- In 2020, the awardee will give a Leena Peltonen lecture at the European Human Genetics Conference in Berlin.
- The awardee would be involved in organizing the next Leena Peltonen Prize event.
- The awardee would receive a lifelong invitation to be a tutor in the Leena Peltonen School of Human Genetics.
- In the event of unforeseeable problems in the selection process or steps related to the Leena Peltonen award, the Board of the Paulo Foundation will be consulted.
Please make sure to submit your nomination until Monday, September 23, 2019 the latest.
All requied fields are marked with a *.
Please enter your name.
In case the selection committee has questions.
Please enter the name of the person you would like to propose for the award.
Please enter the affiliation of the nominee.
Please enter the email address of the nominee
Please enter a short description (max. 500 words) of the candidate and a motivation stating why she/he is a suitable candidate.